[cvsnt] Unclear on the Status of Modules2

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Sat Aug 6 00:20:29 BST 2005

I'm sorry I'm a little unclear on the status of Modules2, is it something we
should be using or not?

I'm playing around with it on version Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT)
2.5.02 (Servalan) Build 2048 (Release Candidate 2) (client/server) and I've
noticed 2 things right away.
1. The stop recursing feature doesn't work i.e. "Public = !common" Checks
every subdirectory below common out into Public which is not what I expect.

2. A 'cvs ls' of a virutal module declared in Modules2 returns nothing.

I noticed that some one else posted some questions on this a while back and
he really didn't get a satisfactory answer and I don't think the bugs he
pointed out ever made to the Trouble Ticket database (one of them was the
same as 1 above).

Could we get an answer on the status/future of modules2 and maybe add these
bugs to the trouble database.

Thanks
Matt S.