[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.01 #1976 - 'cvs history' problems - 'No records selected'

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Aug 15 20:46:36 BST 2005

Thomas Singer wrote:

> Should I file a bug-report?

It's not that it's buggy, just very counterintuitive... it never seems
to return what you think it should.

History isn't used a lot though.. it would need to store a lot more
informaton to be really useful (hence audit).

  I can send you my history file (single-liner), which does not return any
> file information. Could it be that the "(null)" entry is the cause?
> Looks like it was (relatively) new introduced - maybe only
> CVSNT-compatible clients cause a useful value to occur.

History is all server side...  it could be that you have a dodgy history
file, or even that history didn't work in 1976.  Not a lot that can be
done either way...