[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.01 #1976 - 'cvs history' problems - 'No records selected'

Thomas Singer cvsnt at smartcvs.com
Tue Aug 16 07:03:53 BST 2005

Hi Tony,

> It's not that it's buggy, just very counterintuitive...

Well, the same history command in CVSNT 2.0.58d and GNU CVS 1.12.9 worked
without problem. Only the tried CVSNT 2.5.01 #1976 seems to have problems.
Hence I would rate it a bug.

> it would need to store a lot more informaton to be really useful (hence audit).

Is audit a core feature of CVSNT and GNU CVS?

> it could be that you have a dodgy history file

Hm, well, I just created it with zero size. It is filled by CVSNT.

> even that history didn't work in 1976.  Not a lot that can be done either way...

Sounds like 1976 is history - I've downloaded it a few days ago.
Independently of this, how can I help you to solve this problem. SmartCVS'
advanced features rely on 'cvs history' to fast get notified about changed
files.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer