[cvsnt] Difference between tag and branch without commits?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Thu Aug 25 18:11:53 BST 2005

Hello,

is there a difference (performance, storage) between a simple tag and a
branch tag to which I don't commit anything?

When sending test versions to a tester, I don't know up front whether I
will have to make changes to a certain test version.

- I could tag the versions, and only branch them if I actually have to make
changes to it.

- Or I could just branch them all, and leave the ones alone where I don't
have to make changes. This is more convenient, obviously. But I'd like to
know whether there's a downside to this -- that is, whether a branch tag is
more "expensive" in any way than a simple tag.

Thanks,
Gerhard