[cvsnt] bug report: export of a module defined in modules file

Jean-Francois Lamy Jean-Francois.Lamy at teximus.com
Sat Aug 27 02:34:57 BST 2005

I recently upgraded to 2.5.02 2064 from 2.0.23 (server is running on Windows
2000).

I can perform a checkout, but NOT an export of the module "empty" which is
defined as follows in the modules file
empty -d empty apps/empty

I get the following message, which refers to a completely unrelated and
irrelevant directory:

    In C:\Documents and Settings\Lamy.TEXIMUS-LAMY\Desktop: "C:\Program
    Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-z9" "export" "-r" "x4_2_04_03" "empty"
    CVSROOT=:ext:anoncvs at teximus.dyndns.org:/v4

    cvs [export aborted]: could not chdir to /v4/Licenses: Permission denied

Notes:
- this works fine if I use an account which has read-write access to the
whole repository
- The account anoncvs can access the apps/empty directories just fine, and
the temporary directory is readable by everyone, and this worked fine prior
to upgrading.

--
Jean-François Lamy
Teximus Technologies Inc.