[cvsnt] Sorry. Rookie question. Can the group file in CVSROOT be checked out?

kmknox at aep.com kmknox at aep.com
Wed Aug 31 16:21:33 BST 2005

A number of the files in CVSROOT have "*,v" files, which makes it seem
that they should be edited by checkout and commit. When I do an update on
those files, though, I get back a response of "M" and nothing changes in
either my copy or the server copy. I am listed in the CVSROOT/admin file.
The "CVSROOT/group" file is an example of this behavior.

Should I be editing "group" in a sandbox, and commiting changes? Or is it
a file like "admin" that I should edit directly on the server?

cvsnt version: 2.0.58b
OS: Linux Redhat 9

(I'm sorry if this is a repost. It does not look like my first email was
processed.)

----
"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster
horses"  (Henry Ford )

Kevin
w. 200.3268 (614.716.3268)
c. 614.507.6423