[cvsnt] Re: Creating a Shadow Folder

Mike mike at boxwoodtech.com
Tue Dec 6 14:43:22 GMT 2005

DOH!  Thanks for the reply.  Yes, much to my embarrassment I figured out
that CVSROOT is an innate module that you can check out about 15 minutes
after I sent the email.  Like I said, I'm new to this.

Now, on to my new problem...  My module has many files.  When I attempt
to check out the module it returns anywhere from 50 to 1000 files then
presents the following error:

cvs.exe [checkout aborted]: cannot rename file _new_make_purchase.cfm to
make_purchase.cfm: Bad address

Error, CVS operation failed

It doesn't always error on the same file, and if I checkout the module
again it picks up where it left off.

Like I previously mentioned all machines including the repository are
running Win XP.  I'm using CVSNT (Obviously) on the server side and
Tortoise CVS on the client side.  My client is accessing the repository
over a very reliable LAN connection.

Searching has not yielded any helpful answers. Any ideas?

On a side note, I'd like to kick off a batch file on a commit. I'd like
to do this on every commit to a certain module not just for certain
folders within that module.  What's the best way to do this?

Thanks,
Mike