[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT Upgrade - Which version

Glen Starrett glen at starretthome.net
Tue Dec 6 16:29:33 GMT 2005

rajiv kumar wrote:
> Hi There,
>   We have CVSNT 2.0.11, and now my organization is planning to go for upgrade.
>
>   Can anybody suggest me -
>      a) what should be the stable release (version) I should use for upgrade?
Latest "stable" release.

>      b) How can I procure that? Does download is ok ?
You can use the "free download" section on the main CVSNT site to get
the latest free stable version:
http://www.march-hare.com/cvsnt/

>      c) How can I upgrade that? Uninstall the old one then install the new one or something else?
Just run the installer.  Since you have the old version you'll want to
uninstall your old CVS server first then install the new one (or use
Bo's Innosetup installer straight over your current version).

>      d) Any leagal formalities?
It's a free download of GPL software, so no licensing issues.  Legal
depends on where you live, and IANAL.

>   Any help will be highly appreciated !!

Review the release notes, make sure your server-side scripts have the
correct syntax, and back your repository up before you start (should do
that regularly, but some don't).  Do the upgrade on a test server first
to verify your environment.  If you have questions/issues you can post
them here.

If you're in a more critical environment then there is paid support
available for fastest response (but the list is pretty quick too).

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett