[cvsnt] Re: Bug on "cvs unedit" after a modification followed by a "cvs edit"

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Dec 19 17:53:00 GMT 2005

Frederic Gilles wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I think I have found a bug on CVSNT.
> Here is what I do :
> - I set the read/write status of a file to "writable"
> - I modify and save the file
> - I do a "cvs edit" on this file
> - And when I do a "cvs unedit", it doesn't ask me if I want to revert my
> changes. But the read/write status changes to "read-only" and the file
> becomes unedited.

That's because you have not made any changes since the edit.  It's doing
the right thing - reverting to the state before the edit as you asked it to.

You can do unedit -w to leave the file read/write.. historically unedit
always sets the file read only no matter what its state before.. it's
debatable whether it should always do this, but as it stands that's the
way it works.