[cvsnt] Re: sspi on non-standard port?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Wed Dec 21 22:21:12 GMT 2005

Oliver Giesen wrote:
> Subject says it all. Is this possible? I haven't really been able to
> get it to work so far...
> Client and Server are both CVSNT 2.5.03.2151
>
> So far all I get is Error reading from server [servername]: -1: Unknown
> error.
> Connection via port 2401 works fine.

You'd need to make sure the server was listening on that port and that
no firewalls are in the way etc. but it does work..

It's not an ideal situation though since not all clients can specify
ports.  I'd avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

> While we're at it: If it is possible indeed, is it also possible via
> Eclipse/extnt ? If so, would I have to specify the port in Eclipse or
> in extnt.ini or both in that case?

No.. extnt has no port specification (there's nowhere in eclipse for it
to go anyway, so it wouldn't be a lot of use).