[cvsnt] Re: sspi on non-standard port?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Dec 22 06:38:30 GMT 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> You'd need to make sure the server was listening on that port and
> that no firewalls are in the way etc. but it does work..

Hmm, :pserver: on that port *does* work however... So you say there
should be no special configurations necessary? What else could be
blocking the port for sspi only? After all I have been able to
reproduce this in two independently set up environments...

> It's not an ideal situation though since not all clients can specify
> ports.  I'd avoid it unless absolutely necessary.

Understood.

> > While we're at it: If it is possible indeed, is it also possible via
> > Eclipse/extnt ? If so, would I have to specify the port in Eclipse
> > or in extnt.ini or both in that case?
>
> No.. extnt has no port specification (there's nowhere in eclipse for
> it to go anyway, so it wouldn't be a lot of use).

What do you mean by "there's nowhere in eclipse for it to go anyway"?
Eclipse does allow specifying a non-default port. You mean it cannot be
passed on to extnt? In that case specifying it in the .ini should be an
option, shouldn't it?

Cheers,

--
Oliver