Réf. : RE: [cvsnt] verifymsg (syntax and tests

feymard at stago.fr feymard at stago.fr
Fri Dec 23 08:47:15 GMT 2005

I know, but I have to do this check. In a first time, it's only to avoid
empty log messages.

                      "Peter Crowther"
                      <Peter.Crowther at me        Pour :    <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
                      landra.com>               cc :      (ccc : Franck-Sébastien EYMARD/GENNEVILLIERS/STAGO)
                      Envoyé par :              Objet :   RE: [cvsnt] verifymsg (syntax and tests
                      cvsnt-bounces at cvsn
                      t.org

                      22/12/2005 18:31

> From: [...] feymard at stago.fr
> I just want to forbid to all users commits without message.
> For that, I work on verifymsg file.

Expect to see a lot of commit messages saying 'aaa', 'poi' or similar.
>From experience, your developers will find ways to get round any
technology you impose on them.  I'd suggest spending the effort on
educating your developers instead as to why empty commit messages are A
Bad Idea.

                         - Peter