[cvsnt] Re: SSPI Problem

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Dec 30 19:10:10 GMT 2005

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 11:34:51 -0500, "Jay Hamilton"
<Hamilton_jay at msn.com> wrote:

>Bo,
>I reinstalled CVSNT using your installation tips page. I also reinstalled
>Turtoise. I was able to get pass the problems I had with Turtoise by
>configuring the Module tab using the following:
>-----Protocol: Locally mounted folder (:local)

If you do this you are *bypassing* the CVSNT server and might just as
well only instell the client.

>-----Protocol: blank
>-----Server: localhost
>-----Port: 2401
>-----Repository folder: my full repository folder path
>-----User name: blank
>
>I received an error when I was using a configuration like this:
>-----Protocol: Windows authentication (:sspi:).
>-----Protocol: blank
>-----Server: my server name
>-----Port: 2401

Have you checked that the Windows Firewall is open for port 2401?
This must be manually done (by adding an exception to the blocking
rules for port 2401)

>-----Repository folder: my full repository folder path

Not! You should enter the *name* of the repository as configured in
the control panel.

>-----User name: my user name
>
>Also, when issuing commands from the command line the CVSROOT env variable
>needed to be defined. When I did not have it defined the "cvs ls" command
>was aborted.  I set the CVSROOT env variable to :local:<repositorypath> and
>the command line worked fine.

cvs -d :sspi:localhost:/Repository ls
would have worked fine...

>For now this is fine for me since I am using the source control repository
>for my personal use. I would, ultimately, like to be able to use the Windows
>authentication to allow others to access the source.

But to do so you have to start using the server...
Now you are going directly to the repository files with the client...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)