[cvsnt] Audit DB questions

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Dec 30 21:48:18 GMT 2005

Tony,
I am puzzled by a few items in the auditing, could you explain these
please?

1. HistoryLog table
There are very strange entries in this table. I am wondering what is
meant to go into the WorkDir column? When I look at my database I see
these entries:
- polaris.agiusa.se
- ALTAIR
- POLARIS.agiusa.com
This looks more like a host to me (it's in fact the same values as
SessionLog.HostName) rather than a WorkDir. Is it a bug?

In the same table there is a "Type" column that gets populated by two
values "M" and "u" respectively. When there is an "M" then the "Revs"
column contains a numeric revision number or is blank. When there is a
"u" then the "Revs" column contains a tag string or is blank.
What does that mean?

2. CommitLog table
In this table there is a column named "Added" that seems to be
populated with number that varies a lot. For example today it got 1,
2, 2 when I committed 3 files.
What does this really mean???

The test I did was on a server that is now build 2182, but has had
auditing on since build 2127.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)