[cvsnt] Re: Audit DB questions

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Dec 30 23:21:42 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> There are very strange entries in this table. I am wondering what is
> meant to go into the WorkDir column? When I look at my database I see
> these entries:

It's the working directory from the CVSROOT/history, which is in a
compressed format - I believe this is documented in the information
about the history file.  For remote files it only stores the server name.

> In the same table there is a "Type" column that gets populated by two
> values "M" and "u" respectively. When there is an "M" then the "Revs"
> column contains a numeric revision number or is blank. When there is a
> "u" then the "Revs" column contains a tag string or is blank.
> What does that mean?

Not sure TBH - again it's exactly what would be written to
CVSROOT/history...  M and u are operations (I'm guessing commit and unedit).

> 2. CommitLog table
> In this table there is a column named "Added" that seems to be
> populated with number that varies a lot. For example today it got 1,
> 2, 2 when I committed 3 files.
> What does this really mean???

Number of lines added in the file.