[cvsnt] cvsnt and defect tracking

Mike Lehmann meiklehmann at gmx.de
Tue Feb 1 19:05:18 GMT 2005

> 1) Do many of you use defect tracking software? If so,
> which one?

We do not run defact tracking software, but issue tracking software. To be
exact: JIRA from www.atlassian.com. It is the best I've seen so far - and I
have seen much.

> 2) If you do run defect tracking software, is it
> integrated with cvsnt?

Of course not, because tracking issues and tracking sources are two
different things.

> 3) I am aware of need to minimize applications running
> on the cvsnt server... That being said, do many of you
> run your defect tracking package on the cvsnt server
> anyways? Do many of you run a webserver on the cvsnt
> server (for ViewCVS?)? Has there been much impact? Was
> anything done to minimize the hit on cvsnt?

I don't know, what server hardware you are using, but our P4 ~2.5GHz, 512MB
RAM has no problems to handle a Tomcat (the webserver for JIRA) and CVSNT
and other stuff.

--
Mike Lehmann