[cvsnt] CVSNT fails to recurse in sandbox

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Feb 4 00:32:13 GMT 2005

I have now discovered that as of lately (cannot tell from which
version) CVSNT fails to recurse into subfolders when doing updates or
commits and possibly also tagging.

The condition for which this happens is this:
1) Check out a project module from repository /repo1 to sandbox.

2) Run command cvs -d :sspi:cvsserver:/repo2 co -d LocalFolder
Common/Classes inside sandbox.
Now we have a folder inside the sandbox that actually comes from a
different repository but the same server. This is something we have to
do when the modules file cannot help since we have different
repositories for projects and common files.

3) Edit some files in a few folders including the common one.

4) Run an update in WinCvs from the top folder.

What happens now is that the files in the original checkout are
updated but when the update tries to go into the extra checked out
folder there is a "nothing known about..." message and the update
fails.

5) Select the folder LocalFolder and issue the update command. This
succeeds without any errors.

This is an issue for us because it did work properly earlier but now
CVSNT seems to have broken on this recursion. Why does it happen?
All folders below the top folder are proper sandboxes and they contain
proper CVS metadata to tell CVS where to go for the update...

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)