[cvsnt] Using Modules file in CVSROOT to remap directories on client side checkout

Brian J. Davis davisb at orbitec.com
Fri Feb 4 23:59:04 GMT 2005

And yes I have read "Use of modules(2) to check out several seperate
directories..." and "Aliasing with Modules 2"

I have also posted this on CVSGUI before realizing this news group existed.

I have CVSNT running on XP pro (for testing purposes).  Winc CVS
1.3.20.3 Beta 20.

I am trying to test out the Administative functionality.
Specifically the use of the modules file.  I have checked out the
CVSROOT directory as stated in www.cvsnt.org/manual and checked the
file back in.  When I do this i checked the modules file in the
repository and find unix style carrage returns.  Is this to be
expected?  I also try to check out Libraries and hybridproj but
neither works.  When selecting checkout and then ... to list the
projects only the actualy repositoryies are displayed including
CVSROOT, CVSTesting, CVSTestLibrary1, CVSTestProject1,
CVSTestProject2, and Testing.

I have also looked at https://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs-
1.11.19/cvs_18.html#SEC158 as well as other sources.

modules file:

Libraries CVSTestLibrary1

# Demonstrate aliasing and grabing of both a entire directory and
individual file
AliasModule -a
CVSTestProject2/CVSTestProject1/prj2dir1level1/prj2dir1level2
CVSTestProject2/CVSTestProject1/prj2dir2level1/prj2dir1level2/prj2dir2
level2File2.txt

aahprjsrc AliasModule

hybridproj -d AAHNew Libraries aahprjsrc

What am I doing wrong besides not using a Linux box to house my
repositories?

Brian