[cvsnt] Update problem after renaming and tagging - 2.0.62.1873 [ Vírusmentes]

Zoltan.Szathmary at generali.hu Zoltan.Szathmary at generali.hu
Tue Feb 8 15:12:55 GMT 2005

I think there is some problem with this experimental rename.
Here are 2 sample:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - -  -
- cvs rename file1 file2
  Now in the Tag admin file (in CVS subdir) there is a line: T:1.2 .
- cvs tag -- cTag file2
- "cvs update -P -r cTag" command on parent directory result:

  cvs server: Updating .
  U file1
  cvs server: file2 is no longer in the repository

  which is no good, because I tagged the new "file2"

Now in the Tag admin file (in CVS subdir) there is a line: NcTag .
After this, reset sticky tag in the directory:
- "cvs -z9 update -P -A"
  result:

  cvs server: Invalid directory sticky tag 'NcTag' ignored
  cvs server: Updating .
  cvs server: file1 has been renamed to file2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - - - -  -

- cvs rename file1 file2
  Now in the Tag admin file (in CVS subdir) there is a line: T:1.2 .
When I tag the entire directory:
- "cvs tag -- cTag"
and update the local sandbox to this tag:
- "cvs update -P -r cTag"

Now in the Tag admin file (in CVS subdir) there is a line: NcTag .
After this, reset sticky tag in the directory:
- "cvs -z9 update -P -A"
  result:

  cvs server: Invalid directory sticky tag 'NcTag' ignored
  cvs server: Updating .
  cvs server: file2 has been renamed to
  cvs.exe update: unable to rename ./file2: No such file or directory
  cvs.exe update: move away ./file2; it is in the way
  C file2

and file2 status became "unknown".

Best regards!
Zoltan Szathmáry