[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT help file compilation

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sun Feb 13 12:33:46 GMT 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:36:09 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Tony,
>> I am now back to checking what is wrong with my compile of the cvsnt
>> help file. During running of xsltproc there are tons of messages
>> flashing by on the screen like thses:
>> <quote>
>> No context named "title" exists in the "en" localization.
>> No template for "/book" (or any of its leaves) exists
>
>The docbook-xsl-1.68.0 stylesheets from sourceforge complete with no
>errors for me.
>
>What version of xsltproc are you using?  Is it a current one?
>
>I'm on xsltproc
>$ xsltproc --version
>Using libxml 20616, libxslt 10110-CVS940 and libexslt 808-CVS940
>xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20613, libxslt 10110 and libexslt 808
>libxslt 10110 was compiled against libxml 20613
>libexslt 808 was compiled against libxml 20613

I'm sorry for teh noise...
It was probably caused by me trying to minimize the extra files
needed.

I have now resorted to the better solution as follows:
- Unpacked the GNU libraries in their totality to paths:
  somewhere\Opensource\libxml
  somewhere\Opensource\libxlslt
  somewhere\Opensource\zlib
  somewhere\Opensource\sed
  somewhere\Opensource\docbook-xsl
- Include the corresponding bin dirs to the PATH
- Created an environment variable DOCBOOK that points to docbook-xsl
- Modified the build.bat file to use the env variable and no paths to
binaries

Now the cvs.dbk file compiles to a valid chm file including the
headings and all. There is now only one single error message:

<quote>
Writing index.hhk
Compiling the help file
Microsoft HTML Help Compiler 4.74.8702
Compiling f:\Engineering\Projects\cvsnt\doc\_tmp\htmlhelp.chm
index.html
ch01.html
<snip>
apf.html
apg.html
HHC5003: Error: Compilation failed while compiling ix01.html.
toc.hhc
index.hhk
The following files were not compiled:
ix01.html
</quote>

In fact the processing did not produce the ix01.html file, it does not
exist in the temp dir...

I feel I am real close now, I will probably at the end of the day add
a buildwin32.bat file or similar name for my working solution.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)