[cvsnt] cvs [server aborted]: could not open lock file

Jaiganesh jaiganesh at bahwancybertek.com
Thu Feb 17 06:56:42 GMT 2005

Hi,
 I found the following error while i try to checkin to server,the server i
used is new server and new pc i just copied the
repository from the old pc of same configuration. Please give me a solution.

Logging in to :pserver:jaiganesh at bctpal:2401:/BPMS

***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****

cvs commit -m "UI improvement progress with property mapping inside the
\ncopied workflow object..." ProcessBuilderStudio.java (in directory
C:\CVSRepository\ProjectRoot\Phase1\Development\Workbench\source\com\bpms\wo
rkbench\studio\)
Checking in ProcessBuilderStudio.java;
/BPMS/ProjectRoot/Phase1/Development/Workbench/source/com/bpms/workbench/stu
dio/ProcessBuilderStudio.java,v  <--  ProcessBuilderStudio.java
cvs [server aborted]: could not open lock file
`/BPMS/ProjectRoot/Phase1/Development/Workbench/source/com/bpms/workbench/st
udio/,ProcessBuilderStudio.java,': Permission denied

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

Thanks ...

   Regards,

Jai Ganesh.K