[cvsnt] CVSNT and Zonealarm security suite

Allan Clearwaters allan at object-forge.com
Sat Feb 26 10:22:51 GMT 2005

I am having a problem with an interatction between CVSNT and ZASS on a Win2k
machine.  Simply put, I get the following error with ZA installed: and
running

e:\home\clearwa>cvs -d :pserver:clearwa at localhost:/Objectforge login
Logging in to :pserver:clearwa at localhost:2401:/Objectforge
CVS password: *******
cvs [login aborted]: Cannot login: Server has insufficient rights to
validate user account
 - contact your system administrator

No matter what I do to ZA (like disable everything) this error happens; if a
stop ZA the same sequence works.  I am completely stumped by this problem
and would ask anyone who has experienced a similar situation to let me know
if and how they resolved it.  I am running the following version of cvxnt:

e:\home\clearwa>cvs -v

Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2001 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors
CVSNT version (Aug 19 2004) Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Tony Hoyle and others
see http://www.cvsnt.org

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

SSH connectivity provided by PuTTY:
  PuTTY is copyright 1997-2001 Simon Tatham.
  Portions copyright Robert de Bath, Joris van Rantwijk, Delian
  Delchev, Andreas Schultz, Jeroen Massar, Wez Furlong, Nicolas Barry,
  Justin Bradford, and CORE SDI S.A.
  see http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Thanx in advance for your time and any help you can offer,

Allan Clearwaters, Object Forge
allan at object-forge.com