[cvsnt] Re: An unexpected error occurred during logon

Adrian Herscu bmf1972 at axentra.net
Sun Jan 2 23:12:25 GMT 2005

Glen,

I swear that I did not try to sabotage the system by myself! I
am trying to find something that could possibly affect CVSNT.
 From the last time I used CVSNT (and it worked fine), I
installed few patches for Win2K and added a new local user
account - that's all! I even think that I can discover which
patch numbers where installed.

 From the documentation I understand that the CreateToken
privilege is required for *non-system* accounts (that is because
the system account has this privilege). But I cannot explain why
I could not see that privilege in the process explorer.

I tried to give the SeCreateTokenPrivilege to the SYSTEM account
and even to Everybody - did not work and did not show up in
process explorer either.

Thanks for your fast reply,
Adrian.