[cvsnt] Re: An unexpected error occurred during logon

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Jan 3 01:27:16 GMT 2005

Adrian Herscu wrote:
> Glen,
>
> I swear that I did not try to sabotage the system by myself! I am trying
> to find something that could possibly affect CVSNT. From the last time I
> used CVSNT (and it worked fine), I installed few patches for Win2K and
> added a new local user account - that's all! I even think that I can
> discover which patch numbers where installed.
>
>  From the documentation I understand that the CreateToken privilege is
> required for *non-system* accounts (that is because the system account
> has this privilege). But I cannot explain why I could not see that
> privilege in the process explorer.
>
> I tried to give the SeCreateTokenPrivilege to the SYSTEM account and
> even to Everybody - did not work and did not show up in process explorer
> either.

It was just a guess -- Hopefully someone else has other ideas.  Try
checking permission for the users and make sure you have permission for
the CVS Temp directory and the repository plus at least read on the
directories above (sounds like you already did, not sure what else could
cause that).

--
Glen Starrett