[cvsnt] Re: "Script execution failedok" error from 2.0.62.1852

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jan 24 23:29:53 GMT 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:10:56 -0700, Glen Starrett <grstarrett at cox.net>
wrote:

>I'm having some trouble with 2.0.62.1852 with CVS Mailer.  The setup
>works with 2.0.62.1817, but after upgrading I get:

>D:\TestModule>cvs -q ci -m "testing"
>Checking in test2.txt;
>/test/TestModule/test2.txt,v  <--  test2.txt
>new revision: 1.38; previous revision: 1.37
>done
>Script execution failedok
>cvs [commit aborted]: received interrupt signal
>
>D:\TestModule>cvs version
>Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.51d (client/server)
>Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.62.1852 (client/server)
>
>CVS locked up after the "Script execution failedok" line, and I had to
>CTRL-C to get it back again.
>

>Loginfo file ==================================
>^TestModule C:\Programs\CVSMailer\CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT
>"-rHONEYWELL\E711244" %{sVv}
>^CVSROOT C:\Programs\CVSMailer\CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT
>"-rHONEYWELL\E711244" %{sVv}
>
>DEFAULT C:\Programs\CVSMailer\CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER $CVSROOT %{sVv}
>

>I had to revert to 2.0.62.1817, but there is still a crash when doing
>update -A -rMyBranch (I did confirm it is fixed in 1852 before
>reverting, but the script error affects everyone -- the crash just some
>and there is a workaround).
>
>I saw some notes between Bo and Tony on this, but they didn't seem to
>reach a conclusion.
>
>Regards,
>
>-- Glen Starrett

I have worked around some of the issues with the script handling in my
dev version of CVSMailer, but there is still even in 1852 a remaining
issue that will cause tag emails to produce strange revision numbers
(there is a % attached in front of the revision now and this makes it
impossible to create sensible ViewCvs links).
I am waiting for a resolution from Tony but so far I have not seen
one. I am constantly checking the commit messages from the cvsnt
repository to see when the next dev build comes out.

Concerning crashes you might check the script call for CVSMailer.
Apparently it is now changed so that backslashes in the path to
CVSMailer are no longer allowed. Since you have this:
DEFAULT C:\Programs\CVSMailer.exe -l....
you can try a change to
DEFAULT C:/Programs/CVSMailer.exe -l...
and see if this solves that problem.

It is still a deviation from previous handling of the scriptfiles, but
a simple modification to the scripts will fix it.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)