[cvsnt] Re: "Script execution failedok" error from 2.0.62.1852

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jan 25 02:54:39 GMT 2005

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I have worked around some of the issues with the script handling in my
> dev version of CVSMailer, but there is still even in 1852 a remaining
> issue that will cause tag emails to produce strange revision numbers
> (there is a % attached in front of the revision now and this makes it
> impossible to create sensible ViewCvs links).
> I am waiting for a resolution from Tony but so far I have not seen
> one. I am constantly checking the commit messages from the cvsnt
> repository to see when the next dev build comes out.

There is more to it than that.  Since I have a multi-master domain
environment (with no default domain set), I have fully-qualified
usernames.  They are now coming in without the separating \ in them
($USER isn't getting escaped, I think).  So now my "DOMAIN1\E123456" is
showing up in the CVSMailer logs as "DOMAIN1E123456" and I need to
update the users file accordingly.  Looks funny without any \'s in
there.  I would also be concerned if I have a username like
DOMAIN1\r123456 then what is going to be passed on?

The %'s in there do look funny too, and break the links as you pointed out.

Tony -- Are these going to be corrected?  I'll be watching for a 'latest
updates' message :)

> Concerning crashes you might check the script call for CVSMailer.
> Apparently it is now changed so that backslashes in the path to
> CVSMailer are no longer allowed. Since you have this:
> DEFAULT C:\Programs\CVSMailer.exe -l....
> you can try a change to
> DEFAULT C:/Programs/CVSMailer.exe -l...
> and see if this solves that problem.

That works -- Thanks!