[cvsnt] Re: CVSNT with Eclipse and SSPI

Jacob Kjome hoju at visi.com
Tue Jan 25 06:18:08 GMT 2005

At 07:53 PM 1/24/2005 -0700, you wrote:
 >Trevor Leybourne wrote:
 >> Hi All,
 >>
 >> Does anyone know of any way to make Eclipse use SSPI rather than SSH or
 >> PSERVER to talk to a CVSNT server on a Windows domain? My only
 >> alternative I guess is to use PSERVER or SSH but that means I need to
 >> setup Repository Users rather than using the Windows AD users.
 >
 >The ext INI (extnt.ini) file should allow you to do that.  Tell Eclipse
 >to use EXT and set up the extnt.ini (in the CVSNT directory) to use SSPI
 >as the protocol for that server, and you should be good to go.

I can verify that this works in Intellij 4.5.2 and 4.5.3.  However, there
is a caveat.  This fails to work with any CVSNT install newer than
2.0.54.  As of 2.0.55, Intellij fails to connect to the server.  Please see
details in a recent email I sent to the list.  Hopefully my comments will
be addressed this time around.  What's broken in 2.0.55+ that causes this
failure?

http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2005-January/016843.html

Jake