[cvsnt] Re: Corruption of jar files with eclipse?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Fri Jan 28 17:43:22 GMT 2005

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
> Thanks Tony,
> I've googled for support on eclipse. The only thing I have found is a large
> (as in an overwhelming number of subtopics that don't look terribly
> familiar) newsgroup server dedicated to eclipse called news.eclipse.org.
>
> I've tried posting concise queries here before and received no response.
> Maybe I was in the wrong subtopic. Does anyone have a recommendation on
> where to ask for help on eclipse/cvs jar corruption?

That's where you're supposed to ask.

> Incidentally, why would the cvs/eclipse FAQ identify this as a problem and
> then say to use the "-kb" options or cvswrappers? Maybe I'm experiencing a
> different problem with similar symptoms.

The 'old' CVS server didn't have any defaults for binary files so you
had to specify them all manually (to be fair neither did cvsnt until 6
months ago).

If you're able to checkout on the command line though and the file is
correct it's probably already been marked with -kb automatically by the
server when it was added (you can check with cvs status).