[cvsnt] What does "it is in the way" mean?

Aaron Kynaston akynaston at novell.com
Fri Jan 28 22:27:46 GMT 2005

Did you get an awsner to this?

I didn't see one, so here's my stab at it - I've found that any time
CVS wasn't the perpetrator for putting the file there int he first
place, it complains.  CVS likes to be in change, and I've found it's
best if it is in charge :-).

To fix those situations, I've found it best to simply delete all of the
code thats in the way (provided it hasn't changed from what's in CVS),
then update, and you'll be set.

If your code has changed, I copy it all out, remove all of the CVS
directories, do an update, then move my copy on top of that and check it
in.  works nicely, and allows CVS to be the boss.

>>> "Siegfried Heintze" <siegfried at heintze.com> 1/27/2005 8:48:19 AM

I just did a cvs update -d and I have two problems:

(1) the Long list of files overflowed my screen buffer so I cannot
scroll
back and examine all the files that were merged and need to be edited.

(2) What does it mean when it says "cvs update: move away
src/web/org/appfuse/webapp/action/StudioForm.java; it is in the way"

Thanks,
siegfried