[cvsnt] Next stable release - when?

Williams, Tim WilliamsTim at PRAIntl.com
Fri Jul 1 20:14:18 BST 2005

This is likely impossible to answer but I need to ask it anyway.

When is the next stable release of CVS-NT scheduled?  Even a ball park
of "next week" or  "next month" would help.

The most recent stable release on cvsnt.org is 2.5.01.1976. This release
failed our evaluation because it does not appropriately handle the post
commit files (verifymsg, etc.) that are vital to our process
Apparently this was fixed somewhere around 2.5.01.1998.  Our current
server version is very old (2.0.5) and has an issue with CVS Update and
later releases of TCVS (we just upgraded to TCVS 1.8.17 for performance
issues and now we're stuck because some CVS Update events fail with
2.0.5 on our servers).

We could go ahead and evaluate the latest development release
(2.5.01.2013), but I want to avoid having to re-validate the software
once a stable release is offered.   Putting a development release into
our production environment seems too risky....

Cheers,

Tim

SAS Systems Administrator
PRA International