[cvsnt] CVS +Tortoise working for me on my LAN. Now I want to access remotely

Catalin Pena cpena at clarisofttechnologies.com
Tue Jul 5 12:46:01 BST 2005

So I finally got CVSNT + Tortoise working for me on my LAN,

 where I can specify the computer's name as the server name,

ex: :sspi:CVSserver:/cvsnt/cvsrepo

and connect, since I have the same user/password on both client

and server.

Now I want to access remotely. I opened ports 2401 and 2402 in my

 firewall to that servermachine. I can obtain the mostly-static IP

 address. But when I go remote, I only know (for example):

:sspi:123.321.255.64:/cvsnt/cvsrepo

 In other words, no domain or machine name.

Suggestions? Would a different protocol work? I tried ext and sspi

and pserver, they all fail, generally saying

cvs.exe [import aborted]: connect to x.x.x.x:2401 failed: No connection
could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

 access'

 Thanks