[cvsnt] CVS +Tortoise working for me on my LAN. Now I want to access remotely

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Wed Jul 6 12:48:34 BST 2005

On Tuesday 05 July 2005 13:46, Catalin Pena wrote:
[snip]
> Suggestions? Would a different protocol work? I tried ext and sspi
> and pserver, they all fail, generally saying
>
> cvs.exe [import aborted]: connect to x.x.x.x:2401 failed: No connection
> could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

This implies that when you try to connect to your host from the Internet, port
2401 is not available.

Possible causes:

Your firewall has not opened the port.

Your firewall has opened the port, but is forwarding the connection to a host
on your LAN that isn't the one where you've put cvsnt.

The host running cvsnt is refusing connections to this port from non-LAN
addresss.

Greetings,

--
David Somers