[cvsnt] Announcement Only Mailing list

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Jul 7 22:40:01 BST 2005

Grant Mills wrote:
  > I'm not opposed to using an RSS Feed but I'm not familiar with using
> them.  As far as I understand, RSS would require me, on a daily basis,
> to go visit a location to check for updates.  That puts the
> responsibility on me (or my replacements) to watch for announcements.  I
> think e-mail is a better solution because I read my e-mail everyday.

The point of an RSS feed is that you have software that does that for
you...  some of them will email on changes.  I have all the feeds I
watch on my firefox toolbar, and they appear as dropdown menus that I
can check whenever I'm interested (particularly useful for things like
the BBC new feeds).

Also, you can filter on the list message title with a procmail script or
similar.