[cvsnt] Re: login problem

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Fri Jul 8 16:26:41 BST 2005

Volker Hohmann wrote:
> Yes, I have both. But if I deactive them, I still have the same problem.

Nod32 breaks the TCP/IP stack... best thing to do with that is to
uninstall it (there is apparently a workaround that lets it work but I'm
not sure of what it is right now.. disabling some of its checking
functions I think).

Also check with cvsdiag do see if something's sitting in your Winsock
breaking it (eg. spyware).  The basic stack just has:

Installed Winsock protocols:

1001: MSAFD Irda [IrDA]
1002: MSAFD Tcpip [TCP/IP]
1003: MSAFD Tcpip [UDP/IP]
1005: RSVP UDP Service Provider
1006: RSVP TCP Service Provider

Anything else may be suspect (barring MS supported protocols like
netware which sometimes appears there).

WinsockXPFix will try to correct any problems & might work for you..
it's best to know what's causing it first though.