[cvsnt] Re: cvs info cvswrappers (SNAFU)

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Sun Jul 10 19:44:21 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle wrote:
> The whole temporary wrappers mechanism predates cvsnt.  Whether it
> actually still works is another question entirely...

Hehe... I think it might have been one of those features that was added but
never documented.

BTW... build 2013 and local .cvswrappers... they work ok for import, but
seem to be ignored for add. YMMV.

> I just put in code to read the local .cvswrappers and make sure the
> client/server stuff is sorted correctly (just in case).  It looks like
> it does still work...

The only possible gotcha... if you ask me (you may disagree), the local
wrappers should override the server and hardcoded wrappers (which may not
happen if the list is sorted)... the thinking is that there may be a
wrapper that the client absolutly must override (although -W! could be a
workaround).

Meanwhile I'm beaving away at my code that automagically detects whether a
file is text/unicode/binary... it seems to be working quite well... just
modded it so it spits out per-directory .cvswrappers...it seems to work :-)

Cheers,

--
David Somers
VoIP: FWD 622885