[cvsnt] Re: Protocol :ext: not working

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Mon Jul 11 16:46:02 BST 2005

Gill Ernst wrote:
> C:\>cvs -d :sspi:vie001:/test ls
> Listing modules on server

OK
> C:\>cvs -d :sspi:vie_gill at vie001:/test ls
> cvs [ls aborted]: authorization failed: server vie001 rejected access to
> /test f
> or user vie_gill

Also OK - you supplied a username, and it needs a password.  This
happens depending on what the system is using your username, default
domains, etc.

> C:\>cvs -d :ext:test:/test ls
> [extnt] connect aborted: server vie001 rejeced access to /test

:ext: sent a username... same problem (the latest version avoids this as
it can be a catch-22).

> If I do a login as follow everything is working as expected
>
> C:\>cvs -d :sspi:vie_gill at vie001:/test login
> Logging in to :sspi:vie_gill at vie001:2401:/test

OK.

> Here are the test on my test server, client one the same machine

I'm guessing the test server isn't running as LocalSystem, and has the
latest security updates.  That's consistent with my results.