[cvsnt] Re: Protocol :ext: not working

Ernst Gill ernst.gill at chello.at
Mon Jul 11 23:23:43 BST 2005

Tony Hoyle schrieb:

> Gill Ernst wrote:
>
>> C:\>cvs -d :sspi:vie001:/test ls
>> Listing modules on server
>

> OK
>
>> C:\>cvs -d :sspi:vie_gill at vie001:/test ls
>> cvs [ls aborted]: authorization failed: server vie001 rejected access to
>> /test f
>> or user vie_gill
>

> Also OK - you supplied a username, and it needs a password.  This
> happens depending on what the system is using your username, default
> domains, etc.
>
>> C:\>cvs -d :ext:test:/test ls
>> [extnt] connect aborted: server vie001 rejeced access to /test
>

> :ext: sent a username... same problem (the latest version avoids this
> as it can be a catch-22).
>
>> If I do a login as follow everything is working as expected
>>
>> C:\>cvs -d :sspi:vie_gill at vie001:/test login
>> Logging in to :sspi:vie_gill at vie001:2401:/test
>

> OK.
>
>> Here are the test on my test server, client one the same machine
>

> I'm guessing the test server isn't running as LocalSystem, and has the
> latest security updates.  That's consistent with my results.
>
> Tony

Sorry, I forgot to explain: vie001 is my production server, vcl134 is my
test server on which I also running the client.
Both servers are at the same level of software, and both servers has the
same setup from the CVSNT point of view.
If I have done the login all following accesses to the servers (even
with the username) are properly working.

    Ernst