[cvsnt] Server errors?

DeFurio, Rachelle Rachelle.DeFurio at Sensis.com
Tue Jul 12 16:02:48 BST 2005

I know this may not end up being a CVSNT problem per say but has anyone ever
encountered an error where when logging into the CVSNT/CVS server using
Tortoise or CMD they encounter this error:
Jul 12 10:51:28 ariel sshd[28567]: Failed none for cvs from 172.17.3.84 port
1898 ssh2

We thought at first that it was a password entry problem but it has now
happened everytime someone connects using CVS clients.  I have tried setting
up public/private key, ssh auth. All the options that are out there and
still when logging in the server seems to get an empty password then log in
ok.  I'm not sure how cvs related this is but if anyone has encountered this
problem in their cvs use, help or suggestions, documentation would be MUCH
APPRECIATED.  Is this cvs setup problems or server problems?  Thanks again
-Rachelle