[cvsnt] Re: Building on Cygwin...

Jari Ahonen jah at progress.com
Fri Jun 10 14:52:10 BST 2005

> > Unfortunately using the Windows version of CVSNT with Cygwin-based
> > ViewCVS doesn't seem to work. This was the first thing I tried.
> > Ended up with some kind of ViewCVS exception.
>
> It's probably easier to port Windows ViewCVS to cygwin than port
> CVSNT...  OTOH It's better to just use the Windows version as you're
> just making work for youself otherwise.

ViewCVS runs just fine under Cygwin. No special tweaking needed, just
install like on any Unix. The problem is that Cygwin-based ViewCVS
doesn't
like Windows-based CVSNT.

Yes, using ViewCVS with a native Windows Python interpreter would work
with Windows CVSNT. But then I miss cvsgraph (version graph) and
enscript
(syntax highlighting) support. And building Windows versions of those
isn't going to be trivial either.

I'm not looking for a complete port but just enough to be able to do
rlog/rcsdiff on the files that the standard rlog refuses to parse.

- Jari