[cvsnt] Re: Server Not Seeing Encrypted Connection?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jun 10 18:24:21 BST 2005

Brent D wrote:
> I'm trying to connect over SSH to our CVSNT server from a
> Linux CVSNT client but get a message from the server that it
> requires an encrypted connection, which I believe is the case.
> "Require Encryption" is enabled on the server.  We use SSPI
> for the Windows machines (system_auth=yes accordingly for the
> repository).

SSH is encrypted, it does sound like a bug (Tony will have to confirm).
  I think SSH basically tunnels to get to the server then runs as a
local CVS client, so the server might see only the end (unencrypted)
channel to the server, that's probably the trouble.

You can use sserver since it's SSL encrypted, and works well on Linux.

--
Glen Starrett