[cvsnt] Problem with xcopy in postcommand scirpt

Matt Schuckmann matthew_schuckmann at amat.com
Sat Jun 11 01:23:23 BST 2005

I'm trying to create a mirror of the tip one of our modules on our file
server which is different from the CVS server.
I created  a simple batch file and added it to postcommand for the module I
want to mirror.

The batch file checks to see if a commit operation was done then updates a
sandbox of that module on the CVS server then uses xcopy to copy that
sandbox to the file server.

If I run the batch file by itself from the command line it works fine but
when it runs from the context of the postcommand trigger the xcopy operation
does nothing, nadda, no output nothing.

What could be going wrong? Am I going about this the wrong way?

The CVS server is on Win 2003 server running CVSNT version (CVSNT) 2.5.01
(Travis) Build 1990

Thanks
Matt S.

Here is the line I added to postcommand
^Documents.* e:/DATA/scripts/UpDocWeb.bat

Here is the batch file I've created:

@echo on
@echo '*** Running UpDocWeb.bat ***'
IF %2 equ commit ( GOTO UPDATE ) ELSE ( GOTO DONE )

:UPDATE
@echo '*** Updating Documents Mirror ***'
e:
pushd e:\DATA\Mirror\Documents
c:\progra~1\cvsnt\cvs.exe -Q up
c:\windows\system32\xcopy.exe /i /s /e /d /y E:\DATA\Mirror\Documents
Z:\Software\Mirror\Documents\
popd

:DONE