[cvsnt] Re: Problem with xcopy in postcommand scirpt

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sat Jun 11 02:57:50 BST 2005

Matt Schuckmann wrote:

> If I run the batch file by itself from the command line it works fine but
> when it runs from the context of the postcommand trigger the xcopy operation
> does nothing, nadda, no output nothing.
>
> What could be going wrong? Am I going about this the wrong way?

If  Z: is a network drive it's not going to work - the environment that
scripts run under is restricted by windows security to the local machine.

You can in fact enable network operation using sspi and enabling
delegation privileges for the account, but be sure you know what you're
doing before allowing something like that - it weakens security quite a bit.