[cvsnt] Re: Problem with xcopy in postcommand scirpt

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Mon Jun 13 20:27:29 BST 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:08:34 -0700, "Matt Schuckmann"
<matthew_schuckmann at amat.com> wrote:

>You state that you use postcommit I'm using postcommand since the
>documentation states that postcommand is the perfered method and postcommit
>is largely depricated and the postcommit doesn't exist in the default
>installation.
>
>Is there any significant differences between the two, other than postcommand
>gets run for all commands?

The reason I use postcommit is that this script has been in place on a
server that I have not touched for more than a year (if it ain't broke
- don't fix it). It is actually 2.0.38 and has been going like a
clockwork for a couple of years (or whenever 2.0.38 came out.
On thta version there was no postcommand available.

I agree with Tony that a postcommand entry is better and this is what
I am going to transform CVSMailer to use for consolidation. Today it
uses a delay before sending out the email so that all cvs calls can be
collected, but that obviously is not very good. Postcommand fits the
bill here and the email gets setnt immediately if triggered from
postcommand.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)