[cvsnt] Re: Keyword 'properties' breaks rcs keyword ordering

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jun 13 22:19:50 BST 2005

Matt Schuckmann wrote:
> The most often used is to ask cvs to produce an rlog but it does look like
> there was an atempt to parse the RCS file directly, it looked like it was
> experimental and not well used.

Parsing RCS is relatively easy but to be robust you have to ignore what
you don't understand..  the cvs (and by extension cvsnt) code does that
a lot.

The problem is cvsnt is changing.. at some point in the future there
won't be any RCS files at all - in the interim I'm loading them up with
all the information I need to make 2.5.02 work.. anything that makes
assumptions about the format is going to break sooner or later.

> I'm not sure what cvsgraph does, it sounds like it parces the rcs file
> directly.

Probably not a big issue in the short term with a bit of patching of
cvsgraph... OTOH it should be possible to do it using the output from
rlog (as WinCVS does).