[cvsnt] Re: Problem with xcopy in postcommand scirpt

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Jun 14 21:14:30 BST 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:48:30 -0700, "Matt Schuckmann"
<matthew_schuckmann at amat.com> wrote:

>Interesting, guess I'll have to use some other deep copy mechanism unless
>there is some easy way to make CVS provide a valid stdin handle.
>
>Thanks, for the info that was really bothering me.

For what it's worth:
I have a CVSNT server at home that is not backed up, so I have created
a scheduled task in the scheduler for W2000 Server to make a copy of
the repository on a share on another PC where backups are running. I
have set the scheduled task to execute under my account on the server
and the task is a batch file.

I use these commands in the batch file:

net stop cvs
xcopy c:\cvsrepo\*.* \\Altair\Antares\cvsrepo /E /C /H /R /K /Y >
c:\cvscopy.log
net start cvs

Notice that I use xcopy (!!) and a network share with UNC naming and
that I provide a file for the xcopy output.

This actually does work too...
And it works at night when noone is logged on to the server.

Go figure this out.....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)