[cvsnt] Problem with Loginfo???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Wed Jun 22 06:50:17 BST 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:26:32 +0800, "Ho How Hon" <how_hon at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>> What error messages are these?
>>
>Here is what I see in the WInCVS status window with CVSNT 2.0.51d and
>CVSMailer 1.5.1.31
>
>Unknown escape character '\P' ignored.
>Unknown escape character '\C' ignored.
>Unknown escape character '\C' ignored.
>Script execution failed

This is because from some recent version (more recent than 2.0.51d..)
CVSNT *requires* that the script lines in loginfo and the other
scripts does not contain the backslash character. So the path
specification to CVSMailer must be entered in this way:
DEFAULT c:/Programs/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe ......

>However, like I said, after upgrading to CVSMailer 1.5.2.41, it is ok. NO
>error messages appear

Not the case, CVSMailer itself cannot affect the error message above,
because it is output by CVSNT while reading the loginfo line *before*
even starting CVSMailer!

>> >My loginfo file was not changed during the upgrade.

You *must* change the script, backslash must be replaced with slash!

>> >Well, it was changed to correct the slashes to make version 1.5.2.41
>work.

There you go, this is the reason.

>> You can make several lines trigger if you add a + in front of
>> duplicated lines.
>>

>I tried adding a + as you suggested and it worked. However, when I change
>the ALL to MyProject, then the problem comes back again. Do you have any
>ideas what is happening?

There is *only* one line that is supposed to be executed in the
loginfo script. This is the very first match that is found.
Additionally the most recent CVSNT versions will examine lines that
contain the + in front of them to see if these also match.
Note that there was interim testing versions that executed all lines
thta matched but that was later replaced with the + syntax, so the
behaviour is very much depending on the actual build of CVSNT.

If no match at all is found then the DEFAULT line will execute.

And on top of that the ALL line will also execute.
I have no idea what happens if there are several ALL lines, that is a
situation I have never encountered....

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)