[cvsnt] Problem with Loginfo???

Ho How Hon how_hon at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 07:44:16 BST 2005

> There is *only* one line that is supposed to be executed in the
> loginfo script. This is the very first match that is found.
> Additionally the most recent CVSNT versions will examine lines that
> contain the + in front of them to see if these also match.
> Note that there was interim testing versions that executed all lines
> thta matched but that was later replaced with the + syntax, so the
> behaviour is very much depending on the actual build of CVSNT.
>
> If no match at all is found then the DEFAULT line will execute.
>
> And on top of that the ALL line will also execute.
> I have no idea what happens if there are several ALL lines, that is a
> situation I have never encountered....

Thanks for all the explanation. It has really helped me uinderstand how the
system function better. However, I am still facing the problem that I
originally posed, that is, the module folder is not passed in the argument.
I suppose I should change my loginfo file as follows:

ALL cscript.exe D:/CVS/cvsrepo/test/CVSROOT/logbugdata.vbs "%{sVv}"
MyProject C:/Programs/CVSMailer/CVSMailer.exe -l$CVSPID $USER
$CVSROOT -rcvs_test
%{sVv}

This is becuase I need to control who the notification messages get sent to.
I would be having different projects in the same repository and each project
will have different members. However, the vbs script should be executed for
all projects.

When I change my loginfo script as described, my vbs script is missing the
module folder argument. What are my options available to achieve what I want
to do, apart from modifying my vbs script to get the module folder from
stdin?