[cvsnt] Hundreds of little green fish

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jun 24 00:02:01 BST 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:16:50 -0500, "Joelle Tegwen" <tegwe002 at umn.edu>
wrote:

>Bo,
>Thanks so much. I went and found the part of the help file that I think you
>were referring to and I'm really glad you stepped me through it. I'm not
>sure I would have gotten to the same place.
>
>After some trial and error I got it all happening. However, when I do a
>commit I get the following error:
>cvs -q -x commit -m "testing auto update function" index.asp (in directory
>C:\Projects\youthhood\)
>Checking in index.asp;
>/cvs/cvsrepo/youthhood/index.asp,v  <--  index.asp
>new revision: 1.27; previous revision: 1.26
>done
>'cvs' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Apparently the cvsnt folder is not on your system path on the server.
Make sure to put it into the path variable for system and then reboot
the server.

>operable program or batch file.
>

>***** CVS exited normally with code 0 *****
>
>However, if I comment out the IF/Then statement in the batch file and run
>it, it runs just fine.

Don't know how that could help really.
The IF statement is there to make the cvs update happen only if a
commit is done. Postcommand runs after any cvs command completes and
it is really not necessary to do a cvs update for commands like cvs
status or cvs tag, which never change the HEAD revision (or any
revision at all for that matter).

>This is a much better method I'm really glad I asked for help on this one!
>
>Thanks for your prompt response.

You're welcome.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)