[cvsnt] Re: handling file/directory which includes non-us-ascii chars in its name [ Vírusmentes]

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Mar 6 22:39:55 GMT 2005

Zoltan.Szathmary at generali.hu wrote:
> Tony
> try it with a file or directory named: "árvíztűrőtükörfúrógép.txt" it
> include all our special characters

Seems to be a Windows bug (no, really!).. When I set my machine to
CP1250 the thread startup broke - MSDN states:

"When a thread is created, it uses the system default thread locale"

This is patently untrue in CP1250.. I don't know what locale it's using
(I suspect CP1252) but it completely broke all the internal translation
to Unicode.

A quick hack is to force the thread locale back to the system locale on
startup, which seems to work for me.  I'll do a version with the fix in
tonight & send it to you, and if it works push it out as RC4.