[cvsnt] Client Lockup during Checkout

Casimiro Daniel NPRI CasimiroD at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Fri Mar 18 16:39:28 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am having a problem where the client locks up while I check out sources.  This happened sporadically with the version distributed alongside wincvs.  I recently updated to the latest stable release (2.0.58d) and it now happens almost every time.

The client simply sits at the last file in the repository.  The process never returns.  I can "wake the client up" if I log into the linux box and kill the cvs server process.

The client is installed on Windows 2000, with all of the latest patches installed.  Here is the output of cvs --version:

>> C:\Documents and Settings\spartanbuilder>cvs --version
>> Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.58d (client/server)
>> Copyright (c) 1989-2001 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
>>                        Jeff Polk, and other authors
>> CVSNT version (Oct 29 2004) Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Tony Hoyle and
>> others
>> see http://www.cvsnt.org

>> Commercial support and training provided by March Hare Software Ltd.
>> see http://www.cvsnt.com

>> CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public
>> License,
>> a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

>> SSH connectivity provided by PuTTY:
>>   PuTTY is copyright 1997-2001 Simon Tatham.
>>   Portions copyright Robert de Bath, Joris van Rantwijk, Delian
>>   Delchev, Andreas Schultz, Jeroen Massar, Wez Furlong, Nicolas Barry,
>>   Justin Bradford, and CORE SDI S.A.
>>   see http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

>> Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

I am using the :extssh: protocol to connect to a linux repository.  The repository is running on gentoo linux.  The version of cvs is:

>> Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.18 (client/server)
>> Copyright (c) 1989-2004 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
>>                         Jeff Polk, and other authors
>> CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public
>> License,
>> a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.
>> Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

Thanks,
Dan